New Businesses in the Area
We welcome the following businesses to the area:
- Mountain Industries have bought out a long established local business and have their Gracemere base in the industrial area. See more on them at their website.
- Hassalls have moved their auction facility to Somerset Road to enable large machinery to be bought in over the overpass and auctioned and quickly be on its way again, without having to go through the Rockhampton city road network. They are planning building construction in 2015 to complement their auction facility.
- Kurtz Transport have opened a branch in the GIA operating from Somerset Road.
- Aurizon have set up their depot at Link Gracemere on the corner of Foster & Capricorn Street.
- Big Wheels Truck Alignment has opened at 27 Somerset Road allowing large trucks to have their alignments done without leaving Rockhampton.
- Tibbs Fleet Services has opened a lovely new workshop at 19 Somerset Road. Tibbs are the local Scania dealers.
- Easyhaul has moved to Somerset Road with their lovely fleet of easily recognisable red road train fleet.
- Tranzhire R Us have set up their transport business at 17 Foster Street in the Gateway Industrial Estate.
- Rhomberg Rail are settling into a depot on Middle Road. As contractors to Aurizon, the GIA places them in an ideal spot to be close to other Aurizon depots and their specialised work on rail repairs.
- Toll / NQX have relocated to a well designed brand new facility at 245 Somerset Road.
- Toll Ipec Airbag Services commence operations in the Toll facility on the 27th of October.
- Speedy Couriers have relocated from Parkhurst and make the area look quite busy on the corner of Capricorn and Foster Streets.
LEAVING THE AREA
- Leighton Contractors completed the rail duplication project in August 2013.
- Bill Deacon Transport has retired.
- Paradise Coaches retired from the bus transport business.
- Hilliers Diesel retracted back to Mackay.
- TFH (Temporary Fence Hire) was sold to new owners, giving the previous owners a well-earned rest.
Are you new to the area? Let us know and we will add your information to this page.